About Finance of America Reverse
Finance of America Mortgage LLC (FAR) was founded in 1994. it has quickly risen to be the top reverse mortgage loan lender in the country. They are currently licensed to originate reverse mortgage loans in all 50 states. Through April 2018 FAR is the second biggest reverse mortgage loan originator in the country. They offer a jumbo reverse mortgage loan product called Homesafe which is unique to the industry. Homesafe allows borrowers of certain types of condos to potentially qualify that may not under the standard HECM (home equity conversion mortgage) loan as well as those that have homes that exceed $679,650 in value. FAR is based out of Tulsa, OK.
In addition to offering reverse mortgages FAR offers the following products:
- FHA Loans
- VA Loans
- USDA Loans
- Jumbo Loans
- Fixed Rate Loans
- Adjustable Rate Loans (ARM)
- FHA 203(k) Rehab Loan
- Commercial Loans
They are fully accredited by the BBB (Better Business Bureau) with an A+ rating, are members of NRMLA (National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association) and an approved lender of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. You can contact FAR for additional information and to get a free reverse mortgage information kit by clicking on the link within the contact us section or by calling their toll free number.
Finance of America Reviews
Finance of America has the following online reviews available:
- Better Business Bureau – BBB Rating of A+ and an 0% customer review rating
- Trustpilot – 9.2 / 10.0 rating with 130 reviews on Trustpilot
- Consumer Affairs – 4.7 / 5.0 ratings with 537 votes on Consumer Affiars
- Lending Tree – 3.6 / 5.0 rating with 13 reviews on Lending Tree
- Yelp – 5.0 / 5.0 rating with 18 reviews on YelpAll reviews updated as of 4/18/18.